May 5-11 is National Small Business Week--
Be a Part of The Conversation!
Small businesses are the job creators that fuel our national and local economies where we live.
Use these resources to be a part of the conversation and remind everyone to shop local throughout the year. Be sure to tag us and include hashtag #MIX as well as #SmallBusinessWeek so that we can engage with you!
Downloadable Social Media Graphics
Use these FREE social media graphics on YOUR channels -- some intentionally feature white space where you can add your OWN logo & messaging!
Right-click or Hover to SAVE
Top Ways You Can Engage with your Small Business Community: DOWNLOAD
Fascinating Facts about US Small Business
Use these facts to generate engaging and informational content about the importance of supporting small business.
- Nearly all US Businesses are Small Businesses: Out of 29.6 million businesses, all but 19,000 are small, about 99%
- Job generators: Small businesses generate three-fifths of net new jobs, about 58 million, or 47.8 percent of all private-sector employees.
- Bootstrappers. Business owners more often use personal and family savings to finance expansions than they use business loans from banks.
- Homegrown: About half of small businesses are home-based. A home-based business may have business activities taking place outside the home, but it is operated primarily out of the home.
- High-tech hiring. Nearly all employer firms (98.5 percent) in high-tech industries are small businesses.
- Industrious immigrants. Immigrants make up about one-seventh, of U.S. business owners, with the greatest share of foreign-born owners in accommodation, food service, transportation, and warehousing.
- Survival rates. The one-year survival rate for businesses hit 79.9% in 2016 – the highest share since 2006. About half of all establishments survive five years or longer, and only one-third survive 10 years or more.
- Exporters: Nearly all U.S. exporters are small businesses. Small exporters numbered 287,835 in 2015, representing 97.6 percent of all exporting firms, and they were responsible for $440 billion in exports.
- Family First: About one in five firms are family-owned.
Source: Forbes Magazine
Join us for a LIVE Marketing Tactics Q&A
Throughout the year, the U.S. Small Business Administration highlights the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others from all 50 states and U.S. territories. Every day, they’re working to grow small businesses, create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitiveness.